Roblox is one of the largest social online multiplayer gaming platform specially designed for teens. One can not only play but also create wonderful games on Roblox. There are millions of games hosted on Roblox, all of which are created by various Roblox users. Roblox users create not only the games but also the collectibles and other wearables. Other players can buy these assets using the virtual currency, specific to Roblox, called Robux. Thus, you must know how to install and Download Roblox. It will be the best decision you will make today!
These are the few things that make Roblox one of its kind:
- Millions of user-generated games
- Cross-platform multiplayer gaming
- Customizable characters – Avatars
- Chat with friends and other players across the globes
- Platform to create your own games
- Facility to design and develop clothes of your choice for your Avatar
The cool thing about Roblox is, it is available on a variety of platforms such as Android, Apple, Amazon devices, Xbox, Windows.
- 1 System Requirements
- 2 System Hardware Requirements
- 3 Internet Requirements
- 4 Download Roblox Player (Complete Installation Guide)
- 5 Download Roblox Studio (Complete Installation Guide)
- 5.1 How to Download and Install Roblox on Windows PC
- 5.2 How to Install and Download Roblox on Mac
- 5.3 How to Install and Download Roblox on iOS
- 5.4 How to Install and Download Roblox on Android
- 5.5 How to Install and Download Roblox on PC using Nox
- 5.6 How to Install and Download Roblox on PC using BlueStacks
- 6 How to Uninstall Roblox?
- 7 How to Re-Install Roblox
- 8 Is Roblox Safe to Download?
- 9 Will Roblox Slow Down my Computer?
- 10 Roblox Desktop Issues
- 11 Conclusion
Are you facing an issue while installing the Roblox software? You might want to check if your system meets all the desired requirements. Following are the fundamental hardware and Operating system requirements:
Though Window XP works for Roblox, you might face some difficulty with the overall performance of the game. So it will be fit if you can use Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, or Windows 10. If you are using Windows 8/8.1 make sure you run Roblox in desktop mode; Roblox doesn’t currently support the Metro mode.
Use 10.7 (Lion) and higher – and Intel only Macs.
Unfortunately, Linux Operating Systems don’t yet have support for Roblox.
Roblox is supported on iPad 2+, iPad 4s+ and iPod touch 5th Generation. iOS 8 or greater.
Chrome OS version 53 or above is necessary, and you must first enable the Google Play Store on your device.
Many devices running Android 4.0.3 and later. Use devices that have an ARMv7 processor and should not be running the Tegra 2 chipset.
Amazon Fire OS
Kindle Fire HDX7 (3rd Gen), Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 (3rd Gen), Fire HDX 8.9 (4th Gen), Fire HD 6 and 7 (4th Gen), Fire HD 8 and 10 (5th Gen), and Fire (5th Gen) except Amazon Fire HD 2013
System Hardware Requirements
Graphics card requirement for Roblox is DirectX 9 minimum and Shader Model 2.0. For the best performance, please use a computer less than five years old with a dedicated video card or a laptop less than three years old with an integrated video card.
Roblox needs a recent processor (2005+) with a clock speed of 1.6 GHz or greater. There are possibilities of some issues with older AMD processors.
RAM or Memory
Use a computer that has at least 1 GB of memory on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10. We recommend a nominal of 512 MB of memory for Windows XP.
You should possess at least 20 Mb of system storage space to install Roblox.
For a single-use household, Roblox recommends a minimum 4-8 Mb/s internet connection.
Download Roblox Player (Complete Installation Guide)
- Go to Roblox.com and sign up for an account.
- Open the page of the game you would like to play. Click on the green button “Play.” It will open a dialogue box.
- Click on Download and Install Roblox.
- This will automatically download a .exe file to your computer. Save it at the appropriate place.
- Now, go to Roblox.com and open the game page. Click on “Play”.
This will automatically connect with the downloaded Roblox application.
If your browser throws a pop-up as shown in the above figure. Tick the check-box and click on Open Roblox. Voila! You are ready to go!
Download Roblox Studio (Complete Installation Guide)
Have you ever been irritated because of the issues platform incompatibilities, configuring the server, building a special facility to let the team crew talk to each other, downloading and installing multiple software to create a perfect ‘environment’ in your PC? Well, the better news is you don’t need to do anything of it – all thanks to Roblox Studio!
You can install & download Roblox studio right away for all the consoles. Be it PC, Mac, Android, iOS, etc. We’ve got your cover.
How to Download and Install Roblox on Windows PC
- Go to the http://www.roblox.com and log into your account. Click on “Create” or “Develop”.
- It will take you to this screen shown below.
- Click on “Start Creating”. It will direct you to the download page.
- Click on “Download Studio”. It will automatically download the studio .exe for you.
- Save it in the appropriate folder.
- Launch the .exe. It will automatically start the installation. OR
- Go again to Roblox -> Create -> Start Creating and it will connect itself to the downloaded studio, and it will install the studio for you.
And, guess what? It’s done!
How to Install and Download Roblox on Mac
Follow the same fashion that we follow for Windows. Roblox detects your Operating system and fetches you an appropriate file to download.
How to Install and Download Roblox on iOS
Initiate the App Store app on your iOS device. Search for “Roblox”. Select “Get” next to “Roblox”. Click on “Install”. Open the Roblox Mobile app, and then find “Games” to find and play your favorite game.
Note that: The Roblox app for iOS requires iOS 8.0 or later and it is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
How to Install and Download Roblox on Android
Initiate the Google Play Store on your Android device. Search for “Roblox”. Click on “Install”. Make sure the app is owned by “ROBLOX Corporation”. Once the app installs on your device, click on Roblox icon and enjoy playing!
How to Install and Download Roblox on PC using Nox
You can install Roblox also by using Nox app player. Follow the simple steps below:
- Download Nox app player from http://www.bignox.com
- Nox app player is basically an Android Emulator. So, after installing launch the Nox and login to your Google account.
- Search for “Roblox” and install Roblox on your emulator. And, it’s done! You are ready to go!
How to Install and Download Roblox on PC using BlueStacks
BlueStacks is essentially an Android application player. This means with BlueStacks you can use your favorite Android apps on your PC. Follow these simple steps to install Roblox using BlueStacks:
- Install BlueStacks for your PC. Once installed, run BlueStacks.
- Click on “My Apps”.
- Search for “Roblox” and install it.
- It will request you to log in through your Google account. Enter credentials and the installation process will begin.
How to Uninstall Roblox?
Here is the guide to uninstall Roblox:
- Traverse to the control panel and click on “uninstall a program”. It will show you a list of manually installed applications and pre-installed system software.
- Search for “Roblox”.
- Select Roblox Player and click on “Uninstall”. Follow the guide and you will have Roblox player uninstalled.
How to Re-Install Roblox
To re-install the Roblox for Chrome/Edge follow the steps given under the heading “Complete Installation Guide for Roblox Player” or simply tap here.
For Other Browsers
To re-install the Roblox for other browsers than Chrome/Edge, visit this link.
Is Roblox Safe to Download?
Yes, it is completely safe unless and until you do it from the authorized source. There are multiple sources other than official Roblox website that host the Roblox player or studio. There is a chance that such unauthorized sources might give you an infected application which can be harmful to your PC. Never do you ever use an external link from a suspicious URL such as people’s personal cloud storage or illegal websites.
We just saw the procedure to install and launch the Roblox. So, now you know that after downloading the Roblox player or Roblox studio, you actually go to the official website Roblox.com to open a game to which the Play button will tell your browser to find the RobloxPlayerLauncher on your computer to load the game. Fundamentally, the Roblox application is a plugin. So, it is completely safe!
Will Roblox Slow Down my Computer?
Roblox is a small game. There are very rare chances that you PC might start lagging after downloading Roblox. If you feel that your computer has slowed down after downloading Roblox, there is a very good chance that it’s not the Roblox but something else or your PC itself. Roblox can heavily slow down your PC if downloaded from some external source and has a virus in it.
If you have a low-end and a non-updated computer, only then the Roblox daemon might slow down your PC but just for that instant. To make sure this doesn’t happen, keep an eye on your task manager. It will give you a brief idea as which application processes are using how much of your computer resources.
If you are still worried about your computer being affected then:
- Keep backing up the data in your PC frequently. This decreases the possibility of losing the data if in worst cases, anything harms your PC.
- Use a good and effective antivirus program that will keep your computer healthy.
Roblox Desktop Issues
These are some of the most frequently faced desktop issues regarding Roblox installation.
Are you to facing the following issues?
- “Cannot Find Roblox” This happens when your browser fails to search the Roblox application you downloaded in your PC.
- Infinite Install loop. This is when you have already installed the Roblox, but the Roblox website keeps asking to install it.
- Roblox player or Roblox studio crashes when trying to connect to the game you want to play, or when opening a place.
This happens because:
- Roblox or some other application is running while installing.
- The temporary files are corrupted.
- Firewall is not allowing Roblox to run.
- Roblox files are corrupted.
So, how do you tackle these issues? Try following simple techniques:
Restart your PC
This will help occasionally if the issue is related to Roblox player or studio.
Reset Internet Options for Windows
Open Internet Explorer. Go to Internet Options. Click on the “Advanced” tab and “Reset”.
After resetting, stop the Internet Explorer to enable the changes to take effect. Now try playing your favorite game using your favorite browser.
Clear your Temporary Internet Files
For further help regarding this process, tap here and notice the “Clear Your Temporary Internet Files and Cookies” section.
Check your Firewall
If it is blocked for some reason then you can unblock it by following these steps:
- Find your firewall program’s control panel. usually you’ll notice this within the taskbar within the lower right corner of your desktop. Otherwise, it’s most likely in your Windows control panel.
- Find the program permissions section.
- Find Roblox and enable it unrestricted access to the web.
Please follow the steps under “How to re-install Roblox”
Update Internet Explorer
The title is suggestive. You can do that by clicking here.
As I stated earlier, the internet is flooding with the fake Roblox application and similar software. Be cautious while using any such program. Chances are, it would not benefit you at all. Instead, it might introduce some malware program in your PC and damage your system.
Never share your personal details if you had to sign up for such application. They earn money as soon as you sign-up and might even sell your data to the dark web.
Always go for the trusted sources and encourage your friends to do the same.